Extinosad™ Pour-On Off-shears Six Month Guarantee Registration Page
Please complete all fields below marked with an asterisk*
Extinosad™ Pour-On Six Month Off-shears Guarantee
Terms and Conditions
Elanco guarantees that when Extinosad Pour-On is used in accordance with the label instructions that there will be no detectable lice present on sheep at six months after shearing and treatment has taken place (Guarantee).
The following terms and conditions apply to this Guarantee:
- You must register for the Guarantee via the Elanco website www.elanco.com.au/products-services/sheep/extinosad-guarantee or www.extinosad.com.au within 2 weeks of applying Extinosad Pour-On.
- You must apply Extinosad Pour-On in accordance with the ‘Directions for Use’ contained on the label and before the expiry date on the label.
- You must comply with Elanco’s Lice Management Guidelines.
- The Guarantee applies only to the off-shears use of Extinosad Pour-On (use on sheep up to 7 days after shearing). It does not apply to the long wool use of Extinosad Pour-On (use on sheep 6-12 months after shearing). If ewes have lambs at foot at shearing time, then all lambs must either be shorn and treated with Extinosad Pour-On, or treated at the unshorn suckling lamb dose rate contained on the label.
- You must treat all sheep on your property at the same time. Split shearing and treatment of sheep on the one property at different shearing times are not permitted for the purpose of the Guarantee.
- The Guarantee only applies to Extinosad Pour-On purchased in Australia and used in Australia, and for sheep born in Australia.
- In the event that you detect lice at six months after shearing and treatment, on any of the sheep, and you have complied with Elanco’s Lice Management Guidelines, you must contact Elanco on 1800 226 324 within 5 business days of detecting the lice.
- Elanco’s local Territory Manager and a Technical Services Representative will visit your property at an agreed time to investigate.
If Elanco determines to its reasonable satisfaction that you have not achieved lice control with the Extinosad Pour-On and you have complied with these terms and conditions, Elanco will provide to you either:
- a suitable long wool lice control product to enable you to control lice on the affected sheep until their next shearing; or
- if long wool lice control is not necessary, a suitable off-shears/short wool product to control lice on the affected sheep following their next shearing.
All products will be provided by Elanco at no cost to you.
- The Guarantee only applies to the original purchaser of the Extinosad Pour-On and is not transferable.
The Guarantee is limited to the supply to you of the products described in paragraph 9 above and to the maximum extent permitted by law Elanco excludes liability for all other losses, costs or expenses incurred by you including but not limited to:
- any claim for losses associated with wool loss or reduction in wool quality as a result of the lice infestation.
- any contracting costs associated with re-treating sheep including but not limited to treatment with a backliner, hand-jetting or saturation dipping.
- any farm labour costs associated with re-mustering and re-treating sheep.
Elanco Lice Management Guidelines
Good management is critical for effective lice control, particularly when using a short acting, knockdown product such as Extinosad Pour-On. Short acting, knockdown products have little to no ongoing protection period. Extinosad Pour-On does not have a registered protection period.
- Treat all sheep on the property at the same time.
- Muster each paddock thoroughly to ensure all sheep are treated. Conduct a second muster if necessary.
- Check boundary fences to ensure all treated sheep are contained and to exclude untreated or lice infested sheep from joining.
- Do not mix treated sheep with untreated sheep, lice infested sheep or those of unknown lice status.
- Sheep must be cleanly shorn. Grass seeds, lumpy wool or flystrike can hinder shearing and may impede the effective spread of Extinosad Pour-On.
- Treat all sheep in accordance with Extinosad Pour-On the application guidelines set out on the label.
- Do not treat ewes within six weeks of the commencement of lambing, as live lice may infest the lambs from these ewes.
- Do not treat sheep when they are wet or if rain is likely. However, moderate rainfall (20mm in 20 minutes) following treatment does not adversely affect the effectiveness of Extinosad Pour-On.
Chemical Rotation Guidelines
- It is not recommended to apply consecutive applications of any lousicide with the same mode of action. However, if consecutive use of the same chemical group is required, careful attention should be paid to achieving lice eradication post treatment to help prevent the establishment of a resistant lice population.
- Rotation between products with different modes of action may prolong the effective life of all available treatments.
- Apply all lice treatments as part of an integrated pest management program (visit www.liceboss.com.au).